Livebuying is the future of shopping. We aim for customers to experience products in an entertaining, informative and interactive way, hence empowering them to make more confident buying decisions.
LIVEBUY was founded in late 2020 and has quickly become the fastest growing company for video commerce platform technology in Europe. Leading brands such as Douglas, MediaMarkt, LIDL and SportScheck rely on LIVEBUY’s technology. Investors include experienced entrepreneurs from the tech and entertainment industry, as well as global venture capital investors.
We are currently expanding our core cross-functional team and you will be an important member of it. You will be working closely with our highly experienced CTO, product manager, UX/UI designer and front end developers. Your main objective will be to ensure smooth sailing for our highly dynamic applications by expanding the capacity and stability of our backend. Thousands of people simultaneously joining and interacting with our live streams should sound like music to your ears, rather than a nightmare.
Your daily work will look like this:
- Design and implementation of backend components
- Implementation of automated tests
- Design and implementation of infrastructure components for operating the system in the cloud
- Share your knowledge with the team, help overcoming obstacles, and expect the same from them
And from time to time like this:
- Traveling for in-person team events and company off-sites (post COVID-19)
- Self-sufficient way of working
- High sense of responsibility & reliability
- Strong work ethic and output driven mindset
- Own your features and share your learnings
- Good knowledge of Java 8 and higher
- Good knowledge in Spring framework, especially Spring Boot and Spring Data
- Experience in (automated) testing
- Experience with REST like APIs
- Experience with SQL (Postgres)
- Fluency in English
Nice To Haves
- Experience with search engines/Elasticsearch
- Experience with Spring Session and Spring Security
- Experience with message oriented architectures, async and pub/sub communication
- Knowledge of software architectures, monolithic vs service oriented architectures
- Containerization, especially Docker and Docker Compose
- Experience with cloud-based development and infrastructure, esp. AWS EC2, RDS, Beanstalk
- Fluency in German is a plus
What we can offer you:
- Make a difference: Get the opportunity to shape the fate of a truly groundbreaking product and company with a global potential from day one.
- Equipment Budget Package: Receive a monthly budget to choose any hardware you need for the job.
- Holidays: You get the holidays off that apply in your place of residence.
- Company retreats and events: We regularly organize team events and off-site company retreats.
- Company pension plan: Take part of a company pension plan which includes LIVEBUY’s monthly contribution to your future.
- an unlimited employment contract in 40 hours/full time
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive compensation package including company stock options
- super awesome, humorous, open-minded & insanely humble team! ✌️😜